On 25 and 26 October, the Ocean Energy Europe Conference & Exhibition is held in Nantes, France. As a side event of this conference, the MET-CERTIFIED consortium organises a workshop.
The workshop is designed to actively involve all stakeholders around certification, from banks and insurers to consenting authorities, technology developers, test facilities and certification bodies. During the workshop, experts will explain the system that is under development under the umbrella of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Stakeholders are invited to share their expectations and needs from the system.
The workshop will take place on October 24, 2017, in Nantes. For registration, click here.
- 12:00 -13:00 Lunch and registration
- 13:00 Welcome and participation engagement, Dominique Dhondt, Power-Link Ghent University
- 13:15 Background to the MET-CERTIFIED project, Peter Scheijgrond, Dutch Marine Energy Centre (DMEC)
- 13:30 Developments of standards under IEC TC114, Anna Southall, European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), Orkney
- 14:15 Certification under IEC RE marine energy section, Olivier Benyessaad, Bureau Veritas (BV), Paris
- 15:00 Coffee break
- 15:20 Discussion on market needs and gaps for standards and certification, Peter Scheijgrond, DMEC
- 16:40 Wrap up and summary, Martijn Geertzen, Netherlands Normalisation Institute (NEC).
- 16:55 Feedback, Dominique Dhondt, Power-Link Ghent University
- 17:10 Drinks reception (location tbc)