MET-CERTIFIED, EMEC and Lloyd’s Register would like to invite you to the national workshop ‘Marine energy projects – risk reduction through internationally accredited testing & certification under the IECRE system’.
- technology developers
- supply chain
- classification bureaus
- test laboratories
- project developers
- consenting authorities
- You will learn about the latest developments in standardisation and certification for Marine Energy projects. By using world renowned standards and worldwide accepted certification, risks of tidal energy projects can be significantly reduced. This in turn makes access to commercial funding possible.
- We invite you to provide feedback and input on what you need to reduce the risks of Marine Energy projects by proper certification.
- We also would like find out if you are interested to get involved in these developments more closely.
Thursday, 22 June 2017, 12.00 – 18.00
Lloyd’s Register, London
- 12:00 Lunch and registration
- 12:45 Opening, introduction
- 13:30 Latest developments in the field of standardization under IEC TC114
- 14:15 Latest developents in the field of certification under IEC RE Marine Energy sector
- 15.00 Coffee break
- 15:20 Market demands on standards and certification (part 1):
- Who is doing what?
- When do you expect a need for IEC standards and IECRE certificates
- How can you participate and contribute to IEC and IECRE
- What is expected of certification
- 16.45 Wrap up, summary
- 17.00 Drinks, reception
Registration & free of charge
The workshop is part of the recently launched MET-CERTIFIED project, participation is free of charge.
To register, please contact Catrin Sutherland (email@example.com).